Monday 11 June 2012

The aim of the game...

"So what are you going to do with all those cookbooks" my husband asked one day whilst I was having a tidy up. My reply was, "Well, I will use them... you know I love cooking." But it dawned on me that I did own rather a lot and that I ought to start delving in to more than just the usual suspects, the ones that you always relied upon for that fail-safe recipe. 

A few years ago I started cooking a different cake every week from a little BBC Good Food magazine supplement that I had, and got husband to give each one a score. That little episode lasted about six weeks and then fell by the wayside partly due to the fact that like 90% of women I needed to cut down and go on a diet.
So why is this time different I hear you ask? Well, I want to give myself more of a challenge and not just cook cakes (even though I do lean towards cakes, puddings and desserts!), I want to cook new things and experiment. Some of the time I'd like people to choose what I should cook, whether it be a random page number or something particular. 

I know there's loads of people who do similar things and write blogs about it, but I feel compelled to do so for my own benefit as a record of what I do and also it's the teacher side of me coming out, sharing experiences and knowledge, oh yes, because I forgot to mention I do have a job as a school teacher. Thankfully I only work part-time which will hopefully allow me to indulge in this venture. Well, we'll see how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment